3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Everything in the title. If I have both plugged in (along with my Audiobox 1818VSL), neither of them work. If I only plug in one or the other, it works.

Studio One 3.1. Keyboard is an old M-Audio Radium49. Latest drivers for everything.

Not sure what else to provide. Can anyone help?
by JWL on Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:31 pm
No response here, so I created a support ticket. Thanks!
by Jemusic on Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:10 am
Many are unaware that the Faderport operates at USB 1 speed. If you have it plugged into shared USB ports it will slow everything down to USB 1 speeds. In the case of the Audiobox that probably won’t even work at USB 1 speed.

What type of computer system do you have. PC or MAC. If it’s a PC all you have to do is find another pair of shared ports that are actually on independent USB buses.

USB ports that are in pairs right next to each other are often shared. But pairs of USB ports that are on other parts of your motherboard eg up the top at the rear, round the front etc are usually on independent USB buses.

It is best to have Faderport on its own independent USB port and not share with anything else.

It does not like USB 3 ports either. Presonus told me it works on a USB 3 buss but it does not seem to work for me. I have actually got 4 USB ports running on a PCI card and one of those drives the Faderport very well.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

3 posts
Page 1 of 1