Temblor T10 and Temblor T8
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I bought a temblor 10 in December. I was sold on it even though my intentions were to get a different (more expensive) brand subwoofer for my home studio. And I was pleased with it up until the end of April. That's when it just magically stopped powering on. After I checked everything else in my studio to make sure no power surge came through my system, the only thing that would not work was the Temblor. So I called my local tech repair in Washington, DC and they said they don't work on Presonus products. I thought that was odd but I went ahead and did the whole tech support, repair authorization (RA) forms and sent it off to Baton Rouge, LA for the nominal fee of $75. Now, it is almost a month later, and I have yet to hear about the status of my Temblor 10. Even though it was received on May 15, 2015 as the UPS tracking number and my repair authorization number indicate. I don't know why it won't power on, I don't know if it will be repaired, I don't know when it will be returned to me. The RA status update says that it will be processed in 7-10 business days but here we are on the 17th (or 18th if you count Memorial Day) business day with the RA status update saying the same thing it said on May 15th. I really don't like to spend $400 on something that I don't even have, or something that can stop working at any time with no warning. The only response I have gotten has been from @PresonusSupport on twitter, who sadly, has also has since disappeared. This entire process has been frustrating starting with the hour long phone wait times for phone support, to not being able to even leave a message if you are not a dealer, to the 2 different forms that need to be filled out (Tech Support and Repair Auth) that have the same information on it, to the shipping cost, to then not hearing about the status of the repair for nearly a month after Presonus receiving the unit. Not sure what else to do short of contacting an attorney to get this issue resolved. RA RAW9073
by matthewgorman on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:33 am
There should be an email response from tech support on Friday regarding the status. Shoot me a PM if you need clarification for anything.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by carltonhicks on Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:00 am
Thank you for you quick response. I did find a reply in my MyPresonus account from June 5. Which is the 3rd place I looked for a status update. Even after I was directed to check my RA# on the RA status lookup page. Overall, I'm glad something is being done but this whole process has been time consuming, convoluted, confusing, and frustrating. I hope this matter can be resolved quickly and does not affect my future support of PreSonus.
by marcfroehling on Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:08 am
I recently bought this subwoofer as well. Only the same issue happened to me 2 days after receiving it. I wrote a ticket and I am waiting for a response. This is highly frustrating and should not be happening on a 370€ product.
by spengill on Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:35 am
my tumblor 8 has been workin fine for the last 4 to 5 years, now all of a sudden no power, audio lead connections still work without the amplified sound of the tremlor.. have checked fuses at the power point, all fine.. must be the a problem with the board.. will update as i hear back from support
by johnboyd4 on Mon May 30, 2022 8:40 pm
I LOVE studio one. But PreSonus hardware is crap

Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Ventura
RME MADIFACE PRO > FERROFISH A32 PRO AD/DA. FOCAL TWIN 6be MONITORS, GRACE M905 CONTROLLER, MANLEY, IGS, UA Audio, PULTEC, MAAG, WES AUDIO, NEVE, HERITAGE AUDIO, BETTERMAKER, Yada yada
by danielmccowan on Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:48 pm
Yeah I'm in the same boat. Connected everything up per the install guide with trs cables and the sub worked for maybe 30 minutes at moderate volume. After that a 5 second buzzing noise and zero audio from the sub and monitors, all blue lights still on.. I then turned off the sub and monitors. Connected the monitors only to my 16.0.2 USB mixer and powered them on. Monitors work fine and I get audio no problem at all.. Then when I try to connect that tremblor 8 sub after power cycling the sub and monitors again I get that 5 second buzzing and zero audio again with everything lit up blue!!!!. The sub gets really hot and has an odd smell to it. I unplugged that fire hazard. Support ticket is in. Aside from this my event monitors from the 90s still work like a charm.. lol!!!!! We shall see...

7 posts
Page 1 of 1