Temblor T10 and Temblor T8
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,
My first post :) so a big Hello to everyone!! :D
Its been little over a year that I purchased the temblor T10.
I got an immediate lump in throat when T10 just shutdown all of a sudden.
Initially I could not figure out what happened then I faintly remember reading about the inbuilt protection modes that T10 has. Sure enough the T10 was very hot and after about 30 minutes I was able to power it back on again.
Indeed I felt happy to see it come back alive again and thanks to Presonus for providing such protection mechanism.

I would like to know is this an indication of something more than this that I should be careful about?
Unfortunately I don't have an air condition in the room I am using the T10.

Has anyone of you faced it?

Thank you
Anirban
by matthewgorman on Wed May 03, 2017 1:04 pm
I have had mine for about the same amount of time. It never shuts off, however my studio is in the basement. I am guessing that you were pumping some pretty loud music through it?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by anirbanchakravarty on Thu May 04, 2017 1:06 am
matthewgorman wroteI have had mine for about the same amount of time. It never shuts off, however my studio is in the basement. I am guessing that you were pumping some pretty loud music through it?

Wasn't pumping loud music at all. Was listening to one of The Corrs live concert. The rear panel had become extremely hot. Since then, I have replaced the sub elsewhere where air circulation is at least better. What's the usual warranty period on the T10?
by matthewgorman on Thu May 04, 2017 11:15 am
Standard warranty is 12 months. After that, there is a flat rate for repair, and a new 12 month warranty is started from that point. User pays to ship the unit to Presonus and the repair fee. Repair fee includes return shipping to you.

If you are located outside of the US, then repairs are handled by the distributor in your country at their published rate. List of distributors is found here:

http://www.presonus.com/buy/international-distributors

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by anirbanchakravarty on Fri May 05, 2017 12:45 am
matthewgorman wroteStandard warranty is 12 months. After that, there is a flat rate for repair, and a new 12 month warranty is started from that point. User pays to ship the unit to Presonus and the repair fee. Repair fee includes return shipping to you.

If you are located outside of the US, then repairs are handled by the distributor in your country at their published rate. List of distributors is found here:

http://www.presonus.com/buy/international-distributors

Thanks! Much appreciated.
by anirbanchakravarty on Mon May 22, 2017 7:57 am
Figured out the issue.
High Voltage - I was receiving 300v instead of 240 at my place. Local area transformer issue which the electricity department fixed
I have now also added a voltage stabilizer .

I must appreciate Presonus's protection mechanisms else it would have been fried by now.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1