Temblor T10 and Temblor T8
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
In the specs it says 20 Hz – 200 Hz. What are the bandwidth conditions used? +/– 3 dB??
Is 20 Hz the –3 dB rolloff frequency?

I am thinking of adding this sub to a set of Focal Twin6 Be monitors in a studio monitoring setup. These monitors are in a bit of a different price range. I was wondering what to expect from the T10, would this sub be up to their league? What would be an ideal crossover frequency? These do 40 Hz and up (yep ALL the way up to 40 kHz) between +/– 2 dB and produce 115 dB SPL (peak at 1 m).

The regular sub that would officially match these is the Focal Sub6. See http://www.focal.com/en/sm6/138-sub6-3544052801200.html for more info and specs.
I have heard this sub and I was not that impressed. Maybe it is because it "just" goes down to 30 Hz.
They have a 350 W RMS amp on board and give 116 dB SPL.

It is not very much of a big deal if the T10 would be peaking just a bit before the Twins do. I saw that this sub is capable to produce 113 dB SPL, which looks that it would be capable to keep up pretty well within the desired listening level range. In mixing situations they will be put on occasionally to check the levels in the sub region. For regular mixing the response of the monitors from 40 Hz and up is just fine.

I am curious if sound quality would match.
Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.
by enriqueavalle on Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:47 am
Hi Basmeijer, I understand I am replying to an old post.

I just wanted to add a bit of information that may amuse other readers searching on frequency response, the T10 effectively responds to a 20hz signal:

I attached a signal generator to it and tried square, triangle, sinusoidal, saw, etc. at 20hz. The T10 happily churns out those waves, both as healthy :) air movement and a low rumbling.
by basmeijer on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:55 am
Hey Enrique,
Thanks for your reply. I only just read it, just came here to check for any replies in this pretty quiet thread. :lol:
So the specs are true and it still does something at 20 Hz! Good stuff to know.
Maybe I just order one to find out if it matches allright.
by matthewgorman on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:36 am
I just recently got one. It seems to be quite tight on the low end. I have it paired with a pair of Sceptre 6's and 8's. I set the crossover to 100hz. Seems to open up the Sceptres nice at that point. Actually improved the 8's, as they seem to get a bit boomy for me. The bypass footswitch is a nice touch. Personally I wouldn't go smaller than 10" on any sub. Anything I have heard smaller seems to struggle below 50hz to remain clear and tight.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by basmeijer on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:43 pm
Thanks for this info, Matt!
I am curious how they marry with the Focal Twin 6's. They are great, but I miss that information in the far sub end between 20 and 40 Hz.. In my mixes I sometimes tend to go wrong and e.g. subsounds slip trough of tracks that need to be high passed. Or the levels in that part are not in balance with the rest of the mix.
by matthewgorman on Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:54 am
In my setup currently, I run out to the T10 and let that crossover handle its job, and run the sceptres full range to make better use of the bypass switch. Can't see why that wouldn't work in your use.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

6 posts
Page 1 of 1