Temblor T10 and Temblor T8
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Currently using Eris E8 monitors in an untreated room. Just bought s load of stuff and going to be making 4 broadband absorbers and 4 bass traps. Am I likely to gain anything by buying a Temblor T10 as the Eris E8 already go down to high 30hz anyway. Will the low end be far more accurate using the sub? I also have sonarworks so will be calibrating it all when I have the treatment all put in.

Cheers

Matt

MacBook Pro 16”
Studio One Pro 5 Sphere
Focal Professional Headphones
by matthewgorman on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:38 am
For me personally, anything less than a 10" speaker doesn't really translate low end accurately. I have the Sceptre 8's, and they sound way better with a sub. When you clear out the very low end (below 100hz), the speakers really open up because they arent working as hard on the lows.

My .02 on room treatment. Right now, put the money into bass traps. get the low end under control first. Then see what you need. I am finding in my room, as I go, that I need more diffusion than absorption. Do your room treatment in steps, and leave a good amount of time between steps to get to know the changes. Its not about getting a totally flat room (which is very costly). Its about controlling the most offensive freq so that your mixes are not a moving target.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by mattprince1 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:14 am
matthewgorman wroteFor me personally, anything less than a 10" speaker doesn't really translate low end accurately. I have the Sceptre 8's, and they sound way better with a sub. When you clear out the very low end (below 100hz), the speakers really open up because they arent working as hard on the lows.

My .02 on room treatment. Right now, put the money into bass traps. get the low end under control first. Then see what you need. I am finding in my room, as I go, that I need more diffusion than absorption. Do your room treatment in steps, and leave a good amount of time between steps to get to know the changes. Its not about getting a totally flat room (which is very costly). Its about controlling the most offensive freq so that your mixes are not a moving target.

Cheers for the reply. I've already bought the wood for the broadband absorbers and it's only 10cm thick so can't use them for bass traps as will need thicker. I could definitely do with some broadband as I've got flutter echo and ping issues. What I will do is also make some really thick bass traps too (30cm thick at least). How would I go about finding out if I need diffusion more than absorption?

Regarding the subwoofer, I think I will get it as the bass is really heavy as it is but also very muddy. I know the treatment will help but I agree that 100hz or lower will definitely be better off the E8s and onto the sub.

Matt

MacBook Pro 16”
Studio One Pro 5 Sphere
Focal Professional Headphones

3 posts
Page 1 of 1