Discuss Monitor Station V2 and Monitor Station (Legacy)
Central Station and Central Station Plus
MicroStation BT
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I just purchased the monitor station V2, and noticed whatever source I feed into it, be it a presonus firestudio mobile both spdif or analog inputs, or my rosetta 200 both analog and spdif I get clipping on the Monitor stations meters.

The only way it doesn't clip ,is if i turn the source media way down, like media player, or studio one output - 18 db what is the cause of this?

thanks

Cpu:2015 Mac Pro/i7.4790k/Z97X-UD7 TH/16Gb G.Skill Ram@2400Mhz/Ssd Hd's
Interface:UA Apollo Quad/Apogee Rosetta 200/Presonus MSV2/FS Mobile/Dynaudio Bm5a MK2/Yamaha HS80m
Daw: Studio One (current build) / Cubase 8/ProTools 12/Mpc Ren/Code 61
by trusampler on Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:17 pm
well great, my unit died today, I'm sending this one back for an RMA till then, is there any sort of documentation on the clipping issues?

Cpu:2015 Mac Pro/i7.4790k/Z97X-UD7 TH/16Gb G.Skill Ram@2400Mhz/Ssd Hd's
Interface:UA Apollo Quad/Apogee Rosetta 200/Presonus MSV2/FS Mobile/Dynaudio Bm5a MK2/Yamaha HS80m
Daw: Studio One (current build) / Cubase 8/ProTools 12/Mpc Ren/Code 61
by paulstanley on Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:26 pm
I have a Presonus Monitor Station, and unless I lower the mains volume significantly, the LED meter is pinned in the red. Has anyone heard a solution to this issue? I'm starting to be discouraged about Presonus products.
by Spyrofunk on Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:21 pm
Did you read about the calibration process for the VUs?

Hold these buttons while turning the unit up:

CUE-ST1 = Tuned for +4dBu input

CUE-ST2 = Tuned for +10dBu input

CUE-AUX = Tuned for +18dBu input

So....Take your DAW, generate a tone that is 0dB out and make sure all internally is 0dB.

Try sending mid volume from your unit (first) and check how meters behave as you turn volume down to -6dB (for example) and back up to 0dB in your DAW

If the meters don't correlate either you have:

- Not the right calibration mode in the Monitor Station
- Not the right (unity gain) volume out from the interface.

Finally after you manage your DAW meter and Monitor station meters to match you should adjust the output gain small knob back in the unit (that won't affect the VUs) to match as close to your interface room volume as if the interface was connected to the speakers directly.

The only way to calibrate room volume is by using a metering special mic, some are cheap, some not...(actually, for dB I think you can use anything to have a pre-post monitor unit reference)

What I did was to adjust the gain till volume can be real loud but never as loud as the speakers directly so I'm sure I will never make my Genelecs peak.

PC: X570E / 5900X / 3090 / 64GB RAM
by frank.crow on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:29 pm
Spyrofunk wroteDid you read about the calibration process for the VUs?

The only way to calibrate room volume is by using a metering special mic, some are cheap, some not...(actually, for dB I think you can use anything to have a pre-post monitor unit reference)

What I did was to adjust the gain till volume can be real loud but never as loud as the speakers directly so I'm sure I will never make my Genelecs peak.

I currently have the 22VSL feeding into my HP4. I'm also running 2 KRK satellites with the matching sub woofer. I use the ARC room correction software and have everything calibrated K-20.

I'm planning on purchasing the V2 Monitor Station reasonably soon and my big master plan was the just replace the HP4 in the signal chain with the V2 and then just re do my room measurements with the ARC. It seemed simple enough. Does this make sense or is it impractical?

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)