Discuss Monitor Station V2 and Monitor Station (Legacy)
Central Station and Central Station Plus
MicroStation BT
1 post
Page 1 of 1
I recently bought a Central Station. When I connected the remote control, I noticed that the sound seemed to come mainly from the right speaker at a very low volume. This effect gets weaker as I raise the volume. Interestingly, if I turn off the remote and adjust the volume using the knob on the unit itself, the same thing happens, but less than the remote.

I'm concerned this might be a problem with the unit itself, as I need accurate stereo imaging even at low volumes. I already calibrated the stereo image before, and it's perfect when I connect directly to my Apollo interface without the Central Station. So, I didn't touch the trim knobs on the Central Station because they shouldn't need adjustment. Still, then I tried to trim them while recording the output of the Central Station directly to my interface in mono and calibrate both sides to get perfectly balanced. It's getting better because the volume now is higher now, even if it's low volume, but when it's still lower than 8:00 o'clock, I'm suffering from inaccurate stereo image and tilt to the right.

I have contacted the support here in Presonus and this is their answer -
"This is typical of a lot of devices. When turning up from Zero, one contact on the pots will touch before the other. As you can see in your video, though, they level off at a point low enough for monitoring at low volumes (roughly about -30db).
Based on your description, it would seem that your device is working as expected."

"The contact may move slightly differently with the remote although they do level off at roughly the same position based on your videos."

I'm attaching the files from my test for the ones that are interesting.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/p64d1jpy ... uu9mj&dl=0

1 post
Page 1 of 1