Discuss Monitor Station V2 and Monitor Station (Legacy)
Central Station and Central Station Plus
MicroStation BT
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi I'm am a little confused on connecting my HS10W sub to the monitor station V2. I understand connecting the C outputs to my sub inputs but where do I connect my sub outputs?
Thank you
BobV

BobV

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Reaper, Studio One 4, All Mixbus Versions, Samplitube, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Warm Audio WA14 Mic, Warm Audio WA-87 Mic, 2-Warm Audio EQP-WA Tube Eq, AEA RPQ Pre, Presonus D8 Pre, Presonus Faderport 8, Presonus Monitor Station V2, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Trident 80b Eq, 2-DBX 560 Compressors, Neve RNDI, KRK Rocket 5, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub
by matthewgorman on Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:45 am
I use the Central Station, same functionality. You don't HAVE to use the C output. That output would be for using a sub with 2 different sets of monitors.

If you only have one set of speakers, you would run the output out of the Monitor station to the sub. Then run from the sub outs to the monitors. This way of connecting will allow you to control crossover from the High Pass filter on the sub.

If you are using the sub with 2 sets of speakers, you will have to set your crossover manually on both sets of monitors and the sub.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Mosvalve on Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:35 pm
Thank you Matt. I am using two sets of monitors and I want to be able to listen to a each set of monitors one at a time with and without the sub. I just don't know what to connect my sub outputs to so using the C output would be correct for this function. I appreciate you help.

BobV

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU, Windows 10 Pro 64bit, , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Reaper, Studio One 4, All Mixbus Versions, Samplitube, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Warm Audio WA14 Mic, Warm Audio WA-87 Mic, 2-Warm Audio EQP-WA Tube Eq, AEA RPQ Pre, Presonus D8 Pre, Presonus Faderport 8, Presonus Monitor Station V2, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Trident 80b Eq, 2-DBX 560 Compressors, Neve RNDI, KRK Rocket 5, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub
by Mosvalve on Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:09 pm
Ok I feel stupid. I just tested my sub by itself with the outputs of the Mackie big knob passive controller to the inputs of the sub and I get sound. For some reason I didn't think I would get sound unless the outs of the sub were connected to my speakers or some other input. I haven't had my sub connected to my speakers for a long time now and just decided to incorporate it back to my setup.
Thanks for the help.

BobV

by frank.crow on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:46 am
I’ve since removed my subwoofer from my setup but If I remember correctly my setup with the monitor station V2:
A: iloud micros
B: KRK Rockit 5s
C: KRK Subwoofer

Oddly when I removed my Subwoofer the “B” outputs stopped working. I had to move my Rockit 5s from the “B” output to the “C” output.

Before the Monitor Station I simply ran the satellites from the subwoofer connections and used the crossover but after purchasing the V2 I split all the connections up.
I believe that my room correction software was actually canceling out the subwoofer anyway.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Memory: 16 GB
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)