Headphone Monitoring HP60, HP4 and HP2
Headphones including Eris HD10BT, HD9, HD7 and others found in the bundles can be discussed here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, this is my first post here and I hope someone can help me…Thanks in advance…

This problem is driving me crazy.
I purchased the HP60 to use on stage so the musicians can have more control over their wireless iems - 'more me' when they need it.

The goal was to send monitor outs to each 'ext in' in the Presonus for the individual instruments and one extra aux of the whole band to input A so each player can blend the 2 as they need.

When I connect the headphone out of the HP60 to the input of the iem transmitter, the level controls on the Presonus get really weird.

The 'ext in' knob controls the volume well and works correctly. However, the 'Input A' knob on the main input and the one on the channels responds strangely. When turned, the sound becomes scratchy and the response is erratic. Turning up can turn down slightly and vice versa. If I take my headphones directly out of the HP60, the problem goes away…

Does anyone have any ideas???
by Karyn on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:16 am
Every wireless IEM system I've seen has a line level input, the output you're describing on the HP60 is a 150mw headphone output.

Try using the line level outputs you'll find on the back of the unit behind each channel.

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by deborahdunkley on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:37 am
Thanks Karyn…Problem is that I lose the ability to mix the 2 signals if I use that output according to the manual. I spoke to Sennheiser (the iem ) before I made the purchase and the tech said that the headphone output would work fine. It seems not …..
by deborahdunkley on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:32 am
Well….Karyn you got me thinking and I tried it from the line level output and IT WORKS. According to the manual I would lose the mix capability but I don't…Thank you for suggesting this - it made me try it and it works…Very happy here…thanks again !!!
by Karyn on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:50 pm
No, you loose the individual headphone volume control, not the mix. The volume control is for the headphone amp, which you're not using. You use the volume control on the IEM instead.

Glad I could help

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1