Headphone Monitoring HP60, HP4 and HP2
Headphones including Eris HD10BT, HD9, HD7 and others found in the bundles can be discussed here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi I have a problem, my headphone mix from my HP60 is distorted while trying to record.
I have a Persons Fire Studio Project, HP60 and Monitor Station v1. My recordings are clean but my headphone mix is distorted.
I use a Mac Pro 3.32 GHZ Quad Core, Cubase Pro 8.5. But just listening to music through iTunes is also distorted. I updated Universal Control to 1.74.

I don't understand why I get this this distorted sound in the headphones.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

T Blair

Mac Pro 3.32 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, OS X 10.10.2, 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC, Presonus Firepod/FP10, Cubase Pro 8, Presonus Monitor Station, Presonus HP60
by moraldecay31 on Tue May 31, 2016 3:43 pm
Where are you taking the input from that's going into the hp 60?
by drumhead54 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:21 pm
Thanks, my input is coming from Fire Studio Project the general purpose outputs 1 & 2. I have the monitor station v1 which I know I can use in this setup too. It's jut strange that while recording I'm getting so much distorted signal like it's being over driven some how.
I'm also using SPDIF in and out on the Fire Studio Project I wonder if that has anything to do with this problem?

Appreciate any help with this. :)

Mac Pro 3.32 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, OS X 10.10.2, 8 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC, Presonus Firepod/FP10, Cubase Pro 8, Presonus Monitor Station, Presonus HP60
by alexstewart1 on Sun May 21, 2017 8:26 am
Newbie here...just purchased an HP60 a few weeks ago.

I started out by trying to find optimum settings between Master/Channel volumes. Masters high/Channel low vs Masters low/Channel high. I found that I was getting a lot of distortion with the Master turned up high.

I ended up settling on running the Masters at 1-2 o'clock and that gave me good, clean and loud signal with the Channels at noon. I can go past noon on the Channels, and it stays clean, but gets too loud. Lots of headroom with these settings, for me.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1