Headphone Monitoring HP60, HP4 and HP2
Headphones including Eris HD10BT, HD9, HD7 and others found in the bundles can be discussed here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I asked the following question to Presonus tech support, but they refused to answer it unless my unit is broken. Unbelievable! I'm trying to avoid damaging my unit, and all I needed was a simple question answered that doesn't appear to be in the manuals.

Honestly, tech support needs to follow up with their employee named "Butch Richard" and re-train him. I've never had a company refuse to answer a tech question before. I've spend thousands on Presonus software and equipment. The least they could do was answer a simple question and not waste time telling me that they aren't allowed to answer it. Why should I have to go to a user forum for answers on a technical matter when the authority on the issue is tech support?

Here is the question:
I want to connect a mono output from my 2626 to one of the stereo inputs on my HP60. Can I use a mono instrument cable to do that? If not, what should I use?

The reason I ask is because some units can be damaged if the stereo contacts are cross connected by a mono cable. This is usually the case when the output is in stereo. In this case the output is mono, so it might not be a problem. But, better safe than sorry.
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:31 am
No problem regarding the plug. But using an instrument cable for line signals might be a problem: depending on wire gauge and length the cable can be more lossy than cables intended for line signals. You can shop for mono ‘patch cables’ as they are intended for unbalanced line connections, but try your instrument cable first.
by terrachild on Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:38 pm
Thanks, for the reply. I was thinking of those short patch cables actually, so I guess they aren't really instrument cables, but they are mono.

It would be nice if a Presonus employee would comment here so they would officially say it is okay to connect a mono patch cable to the stereo input on the HP60.

Anyone?

3 posts
Page 1 of 1