Discuss Sceptre S6 and S8 here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I am a proud user of Presonus gear. I am now upgrading monitors from KRK. In looking at the different offerings, I've narrowed my selections. However, I've not been able to demo the Presonus Scepter, but can, with a three hour drive.

I have heard the Adam a7x. Wow. Really. If you have had the opportunity to place the Scepter and Adam side by side for A/B comparison, what were your thoughts? Price wise, we are very close. I must admit I am intrigued by the Scepter being coax.

Lusting for gear in the circle city,

Stephen
by matthewgorman on Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:45 pm
Cant speak to the adams, but the sceptre 8's are the real deal. Love them.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by rpark on Fri May 15, 2015 3:25 pm
I did end up purchasing the Presonus Scepter S8, but could not find them and the Genelecs I wanted in the same place.

Here, however, is a link that does compare the monster Genelec 8050A, S8, and Adam A7X. I wanted the Genelecs, but found the Presonus to have a very similar response at a much friendlier price point.

phpBB [video]

The Adams sound a touch less lively of the three, but this is only one comparison. You can, for the price of shipping, order both and return the ones you like less. Maybe the only way you can really compare. For me, the Presonus S8 stand alone in this price range.
by abdul on Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:26 pm
oops. wrong post

4 posts
Page 1 of 1