Discuss Sceptre S6 and S8 here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Finally got around to purchasing a pair of the Sceptre S8s, to replace several aging monitors in the music room. Initial listening tells me they are surprisingly revealing speakers, as I am hearing some things I haven't before.

Initially, I was less than impressed... they sounded kind of like a PA that's been eq flattened with pink noise. Then I realized these dudes are flat, very linear with nothing hyped or dropped. The more I listened, the more I liked them. The sweet spot is wide, and it doesn't take a lot of volume to hear very slight nuances. They are easy on the ears in that way.

Anyway, need to get them set up properly and calibrated. But for a quick listen pushing music through the 32Ai, they sound quite impressive. And they look normal to me, after working with the 328Ai speakers for some time now!
by matthewgorman on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:57 pm
I just got a pair, and had just about the same reaction. I was looking for lights from the heavens when I started playback, and was left with a "Meh"

3 hrs later I had totally remixed 3 songs I was working on, and not even realizing what was happening. I got them on loan just to see what they were all about. After the 3 hr session I called the gent that loaned them to me and told him to give me a price since there was no way he was getting them back.

You are going to love them. I find that they work very well with the Yammy HS50's. Not at the same time, but great a/b'ing. Absolutely no need for a sub, nice tight low end.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by rpark on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:15 pm
Yeah, I was expecting something spectacular I think, but I should have known they'd have sounded anything but like a consumer hi-fi speaker. Once I settled in, I began liking them more and more. I put a decibel meter on them and confirmed what I thought... they are louder than they seem to be set. That's a good indicator of clarity.

Looking forward to actually mixing on them!
by matthewgorman on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 pm
Looking forward to actually mixing on them!

Don't blink when you do, because it goes real fast. Enjoy.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Perry Moyses on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:01 pm
Go mine just before Christmas. Not properly set up in the studio yet, but first preliminary run was pretty impressive. This weekend i'm set to fully install and calibrate in the studio. Sure to reveal some flaws in some of my recent mixes!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1