Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello, I just got a new pair of Eris 4.5 speakers. They work great other than that the tweeter of only the right speaker makes a consistent crackling sound. It does not get louder when the volume is raised or lowered and it starts as soon as i turn them on, even when no cables or audio source are plugged in. It's not very loud but I can hear it from every corner of my medium-sized room and it is extremely noticeable when playing back quiet songs. Like I said, it's only in the right (passive speaker) which is only connected to the red/black cables. The sound seems to be produced by the tweeter, not the main driver.

If anyone could help tell me what is wrong or how it can be fixed, it would be greatly appreciated. Like i mentioned before, the noise is similar to whitenoise, but more of a content, grinding crackle than a fuzzy white noise. It drives me nuts at times :P

Thanks anyone who has some advice!
by johanheinrichs on Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:06 pm
I am having the exact same problem with the same speakers.
by scottnelson on Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:55 am
I have a similar problem with my Eris E8's. One speaker will randomly crackle - even with no input signal. The amplitude of the crackle is constant from "crackle event" to "crackle event".

It is on an APC filtered power strip and a HumX non-groundlifting hum eliminator. The unit is fed via Gefen AtoD and D/A converters (due to the long signal run) from an Oppo 103D.

Scott
by mustafazdemir on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:06 pm
I have the same problem. just started 1 hour ago and cracked sound become noisy very low volume sound. ???????
by matthewgorman on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:27 pm
Does the noise change or go away if you wiggle the connecting cord, or steady all the time?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by Dogwood Trail on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:44 pm
I have this same issue so I started investigating. I need to rule out my sound card and will work forward from there. Stay tuned.
by Dogwood Trail on Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:54 pm
I'm pretty sure this is coming in over the input signal. When I unplug my 1/8" headphone to L&R male RCA from my Presonus sub it disappears from my Eris 4.5 speakers, which are fed a signal from the sub... so logic dictates this is coming in from the sound card or the 1/8" to RCA cable itself (picking up interference)... still investigating.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1