Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone. I've recently bought a pair of PreSonus Eris 3.5 which have both TRS and RCA inputs. I've connected an audio interface to the TRS inputs and the RCAs are free at the moment. Can I connect a turntable to the RCAs whilst keeping the audio interface connected? Effectively keeping TRS and RCA plugged at the same time, giving me two different audio sources?
by Trucky on Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:15 am
Welcome to the Forum!

Per the manual, it's not recommended (see below) but it's possible if your turntable provides a line-level signal. However, you'll more than likely need something to control the levels independently between your two sources.

Eris 3.5 User Manual
Line-level Inputs. The Eris active speaker provides a choice of two pairs of inputs on the rear-panel: left and right balanced ¼” TRS and left and right unbalanced RCA. These inputs accept a line-level signal from an audio source and feed that signal to each monitor’s power amplifier. These inputs are provided to enable flexible connectivity, not for connecting multiple sources to your speakers simultaneously.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1