Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Basically, I am wanting to buy the following USB mixer:

- Behringer Q802USB

For use with the following equipment:

- Mac Mini 2020
- Pioneer DDJ 400
- A generic dynamic mic e.g. SM58

Would the following signal path setup make sense: (I drew a diagram) https://ibb.co/SVp9kNR ?

My specific worry is that I have never used 3.5mm to TRS, or RCA to TRS connections before.

I presume that the USB mixer has an in-built amp and DAC/ADC system and would convert the unbalanced signals coming in from mac and DDJ, before sending balanced signal out to the Eris 3.5 monitors.

Have I understood this correctly? Any problems you could foresee?

Do I also need to worry about line level versus mic level processing? Which category would the DDJ and Mac fall under? Would I suffer extremely low or high signal volumes for any reason here?

Cheers
by Trucky on Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:54 am
Welcome to the PreSonus Forum!
Most of your questions relate to the capabilities of the Behringer Q802USB. I'd recommend contacting Behringer or where you plan to purchase this. Even though the monitor outputs on it are 1/4" (unbalanced) it should work fine with the PreSonus Eris 3.5 monitors.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.6 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1