Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
The On/Off switch on my 3.5s popped out of its socket along with two small metallic pieces (see photo), and I can't figure out how to reattach it (or otherwise turn my speakers on). My 1-year warranty expired three months ago.

I contacted Support and all they suggested was that I pay $50 for a non-warranty repair. I'm obviously not paying that for a minor fix on $99 speakers. I just want to stick the switch back in. It seems very simple, just not sure how to do it. Any help appreciated.

Attachments
IMG_7713.jpg
by SwitchBack on Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:42 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

That looks like a job for someone with clockmaker skills. Make absolutely sure that you have every single loose component and also inspect every plastic component for traces where something may have broken off. When all components seem intact you should find a local craftsman for an assessment and an agreed cost of repair. My $.02 :)
by atulshiva on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:05 pm
did you find a solution i have the same problem?
by matthewharlos on Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:57 pm
anyone figure this out? Button broke on mine as well. cheap junk
by brianlloyd3 on Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:09 pm
Same issue here. Had the eris 3.5s for just shy of 2 years. Power button fell apart. Shame. I like how they sound, but as this appears to be a common issue, I will not be repairing or re-purchasing this unit.
by johnslymusic on Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:26 am
I broke my button today too.
I was not sure how the button is working, but after some time, I found out.

1) lay the speaker on his back
2) as you can see in my image, the 2 metal things have 2 faces, 1 with a large circle contact area, and one that is flat (section B). you need to place the metal things with the flat surface in the button hole.
3) try to put the button back, in the ON position (1 is on top, 0 is on bottom), and then use a ducktape to fix the button. Yes, that's not a perfect fix, because now the speaker is always ON, but at least works, and you can power it off by disconnecting the charging cable from its back.

How dos it work? when the button is OFF, the SECTIONs B are in contact, but the SECTIONS A (the circle things) are not in contact. When the button is ON, the SECTION A of the metal things will be pushed on the SECTIONs A from the button metals.

Attachments
presonus.png

6 posts
Page 1 of 1