Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi there fellow presonusers..presonususers...preso..you get the point.
I'm reading some great reviews of the eris e8xt but there are not many "home studio users" posting their impressions and first hand experiences with these monitors. Can anybody give me some insight on the longevity and build quality? I am deciding between these and some others like the jbl 308p mkii, kali lp 8, krk rp8 g4... anyone able to help out? Thanks

Imac 27 2015 3,2 Ghz Intel
core i5 24 Gb 1873 DDR3 Ram
Mac OsX Monterey 12.1
Zoom Tac-2 tb
Studio One 5.5.2
by madsvigeholm on Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:10 am
... Is there anybody out there? :shock:

Mac OsX Monterey 12.1
Zoom Tac-2 tb
Studio One 5.5.2
by madsvigeholm on Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:48 pm
Okay.. Will buy the Adams instead...

Mac OsX Monterey 12.1
Zoom Tac-2 tb
Studio One 5.5.2
by TheTwangmeister on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:37 pm
Hi there. I bought a pair of these 8xt. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a total lack of bass from these?.

I've listened to lots of commercial mixes in different genres and there's so little bass coming from these which I am astounded by seeing as they have 8 inch woofers.

I'm getting much more bass from 4.5s I have.

Am I missing something here. Is this what they are supposed to sound like? I can't mix the low end properly on these, have to refer to headphones.

Do I need a sub? I notice the Sub Presonus has to compliment Eris speakers is also 8 inch. Would that be a total waste of money?

Help. Really confused that I bought a pair of bigger speakers and the bass is non-existent. Haven't seen this mentioned in any reviews. Is it me?

Presonus Sphere
Studio One 5 Pro

Windows 10 Pro 64, Intel Quad Core i7 6700k, 16GB Ram
Apollo Firewire, Focusrite OctoPre
UAD octo dsp (Apollo quad and PCIe quad)
Faderport 16 and 8.
Softube Console 1
Behringer BCR2000 (for plugin control)
by davidfawcett on Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:25 pm
I would disagree on the lack of bass- plenty of that however the hiss and static with occasional pops when there is no audio being played is unacceptable doesn’t matter if it’s xlr or trs - even happens if they are not called up to a source - I am beginning to think they do not have adequate shelling from TFI or some other electromagnetic interference.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1