Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Can I connect a turntable to my Eris speakers?
by SwitchBack on Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:44 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

As so often: it depends. A turntable with built-in preamp should connect without issues. A turntable without preamp will most likely need a “phono” preamp with RIAA correction filter.
by Jemusic on Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:37 pm
Even if you connect your turntable through a proper RIAA eq and pre amp you may have an issue in regards to controlling the volume of the turntable. There wont be any easy way to set the level and control the level of the turntable signal on both channels at once.

You can use the volume controls on the rear of the speakers but that is not a good option either as they should be a set and forget calibration type of thing.

A mixer or some form of level control between the turntable/preamp and the speakers may be needed.

What audio interface are you running? Many allow signals patched to their line inputs to be routed directly to the monitor speaker output patching points by way of software or a mix knob that balances between the DAW and the input preamps etc..

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro

3 posts
Page 1 of 1