Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello fellows,

I'm new here and theres only one question I have (The Subject itself says enough). I'd like to remove the grills, because it just sounds a bit better without it. A friend of mine has some 2.0 DIY speakers with grills on it, which are also removeable. Compared to the sound without the grills on the high frequency driver, the highs sounds much better, or well like I said, just a bit (more detailed, present). Do you know how it'd be possible? Should I just open the case from behind of the Eris 3.5, take off the high frequency driver and then the grills? (If that would possible, because I dont really know how it looks like from the inside and it would be pretty much new for me, because I'm not an audiophile or something and the Eris 3.5 are my first time Studio-Speaker which I bought a week ago for creating songs). Or should I just put a screwdriver between the grill and the front case and remove it, like knock it out with a hammer? (Please not)...
Appreciate all your help!

Have a nice one :D

Leon Ayasit
by Trucky on Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:26 pm
More than likely any modification will void your warranty.

Have you tried removing the edge screws on the back to see how the grill is attached?

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32
by leonayasit on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:59 am
Dear Trucky,

no actually not (sorry for being too late). Like you said, any modification would void my warranty so yeah, I'm not going to do that then :)

Thanks, Leon

3 posts
Page 1 of 1