Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
My Eris 5 is having serious problems. Since I've had them they always pop upon turning on, and also have popping issues whenever phone is near them. I've had multiple problems with them before, and changed all types of cords to see if I can fix the issue. Here is the current issue:

I have two Eris 5's connected into a Studio 68 USB interface. Both were all good and set up, and then out of nowhere both of them started popping. I've changed cables, they were all on the same power supply, and I changed the power supply and it worked for a few days, but then all of the loud buzzing and popping is back. I would really appreciate any solutions or fixes as I have been dealing with these problems since I first bought my monitors, and it has been incredibly frustrating and tedious.

Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:31 pm
Tell us more about how everything is connected, desktop or laptop, etc.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by finneganstewart on Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:37 pm
HP Laptop, connected by USB C Thunderbolt to a plugable USB C -4K docking station, which my Studio USB, along with two monitors and a Midi keyboard are plugged into the docking station. The monitors, are plugged into the Studio 68 by unbalanced 1/4 dslr to xlr male cords. I don’t believe the unbalanced cords are the issue as I change cords and have tried all different combos and it makes no difference, and before they were working just fine with the unbalanced cords, in the exact same location (same equipment for rfi interference) with the cords.
by matthewgorman on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:13 pm
Unbalanced cables can be contributing, so dont rule it all the way out.

Isolate the problem. Start with the interface directly connected. Then add the hub, but just the interface, and add gear to see what causes it. Also, try to disconnect the power supply from the laptop, and use battery and see if its charging cycles.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

4 posts
Page 1 of 1