Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

I've used a pair of Eirs 4.5 for a year. The problem is it keeps booming on the specific frequency.
I've tried using mood bass plugin to show you guys. As you can see in the picture, note C#1and C#2 (70Hz and 140Hz) are way more booming than the others note. Besides those notes are sound normal (C1, D1, D#1, E1, ... ETC).
I adjust the 'acoustic space' switch on the backside of the monitor. It's much better but still, the problem is not 100% gone. :hunf: :hunf:

I use the AKAI EIE PRO interface.
I'm not sure this is about the acoustic room problem or not?

Any further information needed, please let me know.

[img][img]https://i.ibb.co/XzWKMX5/Eris-4-5-Boomy-problem2.png[/img]
at the throne of judgement lyrics[/img]

Thank you!
by Steve Carter on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:11 pm
It's likely a room problem but I can't rule out a natural resonant peak with the monitors.

You'll need room treatment and/or investing in Sonarworks correction software/hardware or similar. This cured a similar 110hz peak problem in my 'studio' (office/studio not ideal but now greatly improved).

Regards....

Windows 10 Pro/i7 6800k @3.4Ghz/16Gb ram. Studio One 6 Pro, Melodyne Editor, Vocalign Project 5, Superior Drummer 3, Izotope Music Production Suite 6, Komplete 13 and various other plugins. Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Faderport, Focal Alpha 50's, Korg Pa3x, Korg Pad Kontrol, numerous guitars, basses & other antiquated outboard gear.
Maybe one day I'll actually finish a project!
by peetabravo on Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:19 pm
Steve Carter wroteIt's likely a room problem but I can't rule out a natural resonant peak with the monitors.

You'll need room treatment and/or investing in Sonarworks correction software/hardware or similar. This cured a similar 110hz peak problem in my 'studio' (office/studio not ideal but now greatly improved).

Regards....

Hi Steve

Thanks for your reply.
I just know the existing of Sonarworks and I hope it would solve my problem.
I will let you know once I've done this solution.

Cheers!
by vassiliosperisteras on Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:02 am
Hello, I bought my own pair of 4.5 yesterday. The booming at around 120Hz is totally unacceptable even for listening to radio, not to mention to use them as studio monitors. Even with the bass filter at -6db (btw not good for the representativeness of what you get out of the speaker) the problem is still more than just annoying. I am really surprised that this problem is not mentioned in reviews.
by SwitchBack on Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:31 am
Hi and welcome to these forums :)

Presented like that I’d say with 99% certainty that it’s your room causing that boost. The OP has 70Hz and 140Hz boosted, you have 120Hz boosted, take another untreated room and the boosted frequencies will move yet again.

So for peace of mind take your monitors outside and see if the boost is still there in open air. Probably not, which means you need room treatment to get rid of the problem.
by vassiliosperisteras on Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:39 am
You are absolutely right (which I didn't expect :-). Immediately after I posted the message, i moved the speakers to another position, even in the same room but away from walls, windows etc. The 120hz boost is now gone even with flat eq.
I need some homework now with positioning...

Many thanks!
Vassilios

6 posts
Page 1 of 1