Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, Im new to Presonus fsmily :).

Today I received E5 speakers and before I start to use them I would like to calibrate them. I saw a video by Presonus about calibration, but I stuck with the unity gain on my interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2). Should the unity gain be at the level that I think it is the best, should the knob be somewhere in the middle before I start to calibrate?

And about cables, I will use TRS cables. Does it makes difference between gold and standard plated cables? For testing I am getting XLR to TRS today, but on monday I will go and buy new cables..
by 60s Pop Man on Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:52 pm
I'm new to Eris 5 as a few days ago.

A good place to start are the three Acoustic Space images of on the back of the monitors.
In my case, the monitors are about 2-3 feet from walls, so all controls were left at unity gain or zero.

I found it easier to leave the controls at unity gain while adjusting the monitor gain from the audio interface.

The sound stage and phantom center image provided by the Eris are really remarkable compared to the Blue Sky stereo system I was using.

M1 Mini (16GB RAM, 1TB SSD) / macOS 13.6 / S1 6.5 Pro / Melodyne 5 Editor / Notion 6.8.4 / Faderport 8, Eris 5

2 posts
Page 1 of 1