Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Used my speakers at a party but a tweeter is not working the morning after. Unsure of the cause but any tips on getting it to work or how to replace it if neccesary.

Thanks, Lewis.
by matthewgorman on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:13 am
Open a support ticket

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by anujmajumdar on Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:05 pm
lewiscuff wroteUsed my speakers at a party but a tweeter is not working the morning after. Unsure of the cause but any tips on getting it to work or how to replace it if neccesary.

Thanks, Lewis.

I had the same issue ! Is there a way you recovered it ?
by gadget69 on Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:47 pm
Drivers are most sensitive to distortion, ESPECIALLY when caused by over driving...The amplifier, when run hard, the power supply can sag...this causes the natural wave like pattern to be flat on the top and bottom (loped off) and the driver (speaker ) actually stops DEAD and that causes the voice coils to overheat. The first step is to remove the speaker (if it's out of warranty ONLY!!!) and I use a 9 volt battery and just touch the two terminals of the speaker with the two terminals, and the speaker should make an audible click, for tweeters and pop like jump on larger drivers ( VERY BRIEFLY on tweeters and not long on larger drivers. If the sound/movement happens, then it's a crossover or internal amp problem.

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
I had the same problem using the ERIS E8 XT with cdjs and xone 92 mixer. I didn't notice it on the day but when I went to use it again the sound was muffled and one of the tweeters had a problem.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1