Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, im going to buy a pair of presonus eris 5 (or maybe an e44) but i need to confirm if i can do the next connections; My idea is to connect a POD HD 500 (which serves as an audio interface) to play guitar throw the monitors, with the 1/4" TRS unbalanced, and also connect the monitors throw RCA to the computer.
So, it will sound the audio coming from the pc, and when i want to play guitar and record, just plug the POD, and the monitors will receives the 2 signals, the pc and the guitar, right?

This is the connections for the POD... Maybe i should connect throw XLR because are balanced?

by henrinagelhout on Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:16 pm
Your POD can be used as an audio interface, so it should be able to do playback for your computer as well.
You need to select the pod as your audio output in windows. (or any DAW your using) (and the drivers need to be installed)
Then all you need is 2 XLR cables and you will hear your guitar and computer on your monitors.
(B.T.W. using the balanced inputs/outputs is highly recommended over unbal.)

PC: MacBook Pro 13" (2016), i5-6267U, 8Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD, macOS Big Sur 11.3.1
Interface: Audiobox iTwo | MIDI: Nektar Impact LX61 | Monitors: Eris E5 | DAW: Studio One 5.2.1 Pro
Plug-Ins: Amplitube 5, Komplete 11 Select, Melodyne 5 Editor, Superior Drummer 2.0, and various freebies
by marcelobelloni on Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:14 pm
Ok, i will try that, thanks for the reply!

3 posts
Page 1 of 1