Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I wonder if this is a problem or normal for these monitors.

I have had many sets of monitors and I always have turned them off via a powerstrip to minimize wear on the switch and also for convenience. I currently have the E5s connected to a KRK 10s sub and a Yamaha AG03 interface. When shutting down, I flip the switch for the E5s then I turn off the and that's when the loud pop occurs, I turn off the sub after, via a separate switch. My wife usually thinks I am throwing something in the room. Is this normal for these monitors? I can't seem to find anybody with similar experiences.
by neilmackenzie on Thu May 05, 2016 2:31 pm
Hi there, I have loud pop when switching off/on laptop with speakers still powered. Been recommended to get a power conditioner. Not audio interface as turn master volume on that down but still get loud pop from speakers. Now turning speakers off via switch on powerstrip (like you do) after booting and before powering down laptop. I expect some pops as this is the nature of active speakers but these pops are very loud indeed. Bloody irritating!! Scares my wife lol!
by boudie123 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:11 pm
turn on interface first then speakers /headphone amps... now speakers off first then interface off... this generally stops that annoying pop that probably will damage a speaker sooner or later

presonus 1642.. studio one pro 2.. presonus Sceptre 8.. les paul epiphone standard pro.. Ibanez g2000 bass.. Yamaha apx500ii.. apple imac intel core i5 processor. presonus hp4.. ez drummer2... melodyne essentials , mapex drums ,big baby taylor. persons sceptre 8, presonus monitor station,ozone isotope 7, peavey t-40, peavey falcon, yamaha ypg 535
by ildefonsoramirez on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:21 pm
audiobox usb + E5
Rh speaker makes loud pop and shuts off audiobox in the middle of playing
need to turn off and on speaker and audiobox to reset
any takers?
i will really appreciate any help

4 posts
Page 1 of 1