Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, one of my speakers is making a rattling noise (see video) on some bass frequencies. The failing one is the passive speaker and I cant find any screws to open it and check what is the issue.

Does anyone knows how to open this thing?
it isnt blown, right?

[ Play Quicktime file ] noise.mp4 [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 1731 times ]

by taliesinlowe on Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:51 pm
I have the same problem, I’m guessing something came loose during shipping.
by keenanmoss on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54 am
I have this issue on my brand new E4.5s. It seems like air is escaping through the on/off switch and causing a slight rattle along the way.

It doesnt bother me anymore really, I can only hear it if I drop the high and mid frequencies on my controller. Still annoying that it exists and came from the factory like that.
by alisonscott on Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:31 pm
I have a thumping noise coming from mine, the set worked fine for a short while and now a loud fast "thump" any time I turn on the power... I have disconnected and reconnected all cords but nothing seems to do the trick. Any suggestions?
by darrenlamb on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:47 am
I seem to have a similar issue with mine, again on the passive one. I don't really notice it when listening to a full track/mix but when it's just a bass drum or isolated lower frequencies I can hear it and it's annoying. Hopefully someone is able to come back with some advice!
by Bbd on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 am
Are any of you with issues reporting this to Presonus?

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by darrenlamb on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:23 am
Bbd wroteAre any of you with issues reporting this to Presonus?

I haven't yet but intend to soon, I wanted to see if others had a similar issue and if there were any possible fixes I could carry out first.

EDIT: I have now submitted a ticket to PreSonus regarding the issue and linked to this thread as well so I will keep you all updated.
by jonemery on Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:23 pm
I just received my Eris 3.5 speakers and I'm hearing a pretty loud rattling in the LEFT speaker (the active one with the volume / power switch). Certain bass frequencies are triggering this rattling inside - I can hold it in my hand and hear the rattling. It's loud enough I can hear it coming from the left side from 5 feet away when I hold the right one up to my ear and cannot detect anything rattling from the passive RIGHT speaker. I was hoping it might be something that would resolve as they break in, what is the verdict?

I'm not going to bother going through support unless they have an easy resolution. Easier to just return them and either A) try a second set or B) try a different brand.

Please share any thoughts or experience with this issue.

8 posts
Page 1 of 1