Discuss Eris E4.5, E5, E8, E44 and E66 here
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, one of my speakers is making a rattling noise (see video) on some bass frequencies. The failing one is the passive speaker and I cant find any screws to open it and check what is the issue.

Does anyone knows how to open this thing?
it isnt blown, right?

[ Play Quicktime file ] noise.mp4 [ 1.26 MiB | Viewed 1319 times ]

by taliesinlowe on Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:51 pm
I have the same problem, I’m guessing something came loose during shipping.
by keenanmoss on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:54 am
I have this issue on my brand new E4.5s. It seems like air is escaping through the on/off switch and causing a slight rattle along the way.

It doesnt bother me anymore really, I can only hear it if I drop the high and mid frequencies on my controller. Still annoying that it exists and came from the factory like that.
by alisonscott on Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:31 pm
I have a thumping noise coming from mine, the set worked fine for a short while and now a loud fast "thump" any time I turn on the power... I have disconnected and reconnected all cords but nothing seems to do the trick. Any suggestions?
by darrenlamb on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:47 am
I seem to have a similar issue with mine, again on the passive one. I don't really notice it when listening to a full track/mix but when it's just a bass drum or isolated lower frequencies I can hear it and it's annoying. Hopefully someone is able to come back with some advice!
by Bbd on Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:01 am
Are any of you with issues reporting this to Presonus?

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 5.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by darrenlamb on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:23 am
Bbd wroteAre any of you with issues reporting this to Presonus?

I haven't yet but intend to soon, I wanted to see if others had a similar issue and if there were any possible fixes I could carry out first.

EDIT: I have now submitted a ticket to PreSonus regarding the issue and linked to this thread as well so I will keep you all updated.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1