StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
44 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3
Thanks very much for your quick response. Great input!!!
by bissli on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:16 pm
Hi, i just wanted to say that there seems to be a work around for this problem. I figured out how to get my mixer to unfreeze without having to power it off and on again.

Try this next time it locks up on you : remove the usb wireless stick from the usb port on the mixer. My mixer instantly started working when i pulled out the usb stick.

i also figured out how to prevent it from locking up again in the future, here is how : leave the wifi usb stick on your desk and connect the mixer directly to your router using a network cable.

This is a huge issue with these mixers because when it locks up on you in the middle of something, it at that moment is essentially a glorified boat anchor and you are f*cked.
by wahlerstudios on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:15 am
Many experienced users have recommended to not use the WiFi dongle at all. A wired connection to the router or the network is always the better solution. By the way: The freeze problem is not at all common for AI mixers and we are here in the "StudioLive Classic" section.

StudioLive AVB 16_32_48 AI Mix System
CS18AI | RM32AI | RM16AI | Apple Router | 2x iPad | Motu AVB Switch
Mac mini | Studio One Pro for plugins & channel routing live

Sold: SL 2442AI | SL 2442 | SL 1642
by bissli on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:31 pm
ah yes i see now that its in the SL classic sub forum. Well by the way, my Ai mixer has been working great without the usb dong.

44 postsPage 3 of 3
1, 2, 3