StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
While doing a mix last night my Studiolive made a pop sound and started flashing. I quickly shut it down and rebooted. It flashed again 3-4 times and then another POP. This time a little smoke came out of the back :shock: Needless to say I am very concerned! Not sure how much a repair will cost?? Anyone else have this ever of know what it is??
by roblof on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:47 am
While not sure it is most likley a capacitor in the power supply that has gone bad. That type of issue should be fairly visible if you open the mixer and have a look...

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by SirNickity on Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:58 pm
Agreed it's probably a bad cap. In the early to mid 2000s, there were tons of bad caps finding their way into everything with a power cable. They would dry up, internal impedance would increase, causing them to heat up, then they'd swell and burst.

I just went through some stuff I got from eBay and replaced a bunch of swollen caps.

Open it up, find the scorch marks, and take some pics. If you can work a soldering iron, you may be able to fix it yourself -- although replacing through-hole components on PCBs with plated holes can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. You'll have to decide whether it's worth the trouble, or if you'd rather just have a qualified tech take care of it.
by fredy2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:13 pm
Could be the input capacitor but better check the input surge limiter... probably labeled RT1 on the power supply board. If the coating is cracked, it is a goner. I got replacement from Mouser... I can get part number if you need it... cost was about $1.60 as I recall. This part will smoke when it goes... and should the cap go, this part will likely go.

WARNING: This is a switching type power supply and has lethal voltages.
by Smithgimp2 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:36 pm
fredy2 wroteCould be the input capacitor but better check the input surge limiter... probably labeled RT1 on the power supply board. If the coating is cracked, it is a goner. I got replacement from Mouser... I can get part number if you need it... cost was about $1.60 as I recall. This part will smoke when it goes... and should the cap go, this part will likely go.

WARNING: This is a switching type power supply and has lethal voltages.

Part number would be appreciated please.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:03 am
If you need spare parts, this link might be helpful:
http://www.fullcompass.com/brand/PRE_PreSonus/Replacement-Service-Parts.html.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1