StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
My mixer channel 8 is nothing but static. Almost like white noise but more crackles and pops. There is nothing plugged into that channel. The input gain is all the way down but if i push up the slider it is very loud static. I have done a factory reset, firmware update (already up to date). Could it be a bad channel/preamp something? Gigs this weekend and I don't know who works on these locally!

Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] Presonus 16.4.2.m4a [ 140.05 KiB | Viewed 4418 times ]

by rnaqvi on Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:27 am
That definitely sounds like some type of hardware issue, not software.

Please open a support ticket at support.presonus.com and you can also attach this file there and they will help you get to the bottom of this.

Kind Regards,

Rick Naqvi
VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics
http://www.presonus.com
by jerialice on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:59 pm
My board just started doing that too….. across a bunch of channels with nothing at all plugged in….. I have about 200 hours on this board, all studio hours and tear it right! what's up with this.
I turned in a support ticket but no reply yet. meanwhile my studio is down. thanks
by fredy2 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:06 pm
Sounds like more failures of the 100mfd/6.3 volt decoupling caps at the input of the A-D board. Unless you are experienced in surface mount component repair, better take it to a shop. I had a 24.4.2 that a cap failed this way so replaced it... Soon another failed... Replaced them ALL... tired of opening the unit to fix onesy-twosy.
by stevieparker on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:38 pm
Static on channel 11 on my 16.0.2 with nothing plugged in ?? Is it the 1000 uf 6.3 cap please? Next to the trim pot that is?

5 posts
Page 1 of 1