StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2
I've had my 16.4.2 for several years and used it for live and recording in the studio with no issues till recently.
Just today I started getting quite low output from the main and VERY low and distorted output to AUX 1. I have it turned all the way through powered speakers, should be BLARING. Sounds like it's barely up. The mix through the headphones is fine as well as the send levels to Studio One. Knob on the back is all the way up.

The other problem I have recently is in Capture, no level is sending to the stereo 17/18 mix for mixing down prerecorded tracks.

Firmware 1.50a Build:190

Thoughts?
by salvadoredelle on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:12 pm
reboot reload software update drivers and software and see if that clears it...

dump using Capture and use studio one instead... save yourself a few steps and have a better recording experience.

2- 24.4.2 consoles, 1- 1642 console, 1- 1602 console, 1- firestudio tube, 1-AudioBox USB, 1- PRM mic/ 1 DBX cal mic, 1- Behringer X32, 1 Behringer X32 Compact, 1-AVID SC48, 1-Midas Venue f32, 4-Midas Venue 240, Mackie and Yamaha analog mixers, 1 mac mini-on the 1642, 1- Open Labs XXL windows XP based mondo workstation, 1- Open Labs Sound SlatePro windows 7 hot-rod PC. Studio One Artist / Pro, ProTools, Ableton, Reaper, Meyer, QSC, Mackie, JBL speakers. Yamaha C7 Grand Piano with MIDI, lots of synths, samplers and modules, Spector NS2 bass, 2- taylor acoustics, Kay Upright Bass, G&L strat,
by mrdarinwarren on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:37 pm
It has nothing to do with the software. It does it weather connected to the computer or not. And a lot of time I prefer to record and mixdown in real time with capture using the studio live controls for EQ, verb etc rather than plugins.
by mrdarinwarren on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:57 pm
I sent an email to tech. Hoping to get an RA number. Nope. Was told to download drivers and do factory reset on mixer. I guess Presonus thinks the people that buy their boards are idiots. It's the 1st thing I DID. And it has nothing to do with anything about my computer.

*ARGH*

Getting it fixed, then off it goes to ebay. Buying X32 in 3...2...1...
by mwright137 on Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:35 pm
Did you tell them you already did that? I'm sure that's the first step in troubleshooting. If you PM me your ticket number I can try to look into it for you...

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by mrdarinwarren on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:41 am
I didn't tell them that. I just....want it fixed.
by mwright137 on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:06 pm
All I meant was if you had told them you already did that they would not likely have sent that as a first step.

StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by ForumAdmin on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:23 am
mrdarinwarren wroteI didn't tell them that. I just....want it fixed.

Our support tech has a ticket open awaiting your response. Please look in your email as we do have a form for you to fill out and send back so we can get you your mixer repaired.

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by mrdarinwarren on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:32 pm
Whether hooked to mac or not, same problem. Connected to Mac, opened U.C. and it says up to date, did factory reset again. Tried different mic, cables, powered speakers, playback from mac on 2 track in. All low output to mains and AUX's. Meters all say full signal. StudioOne gets full clean signal as does headphone jack on mixer.

Hoping to get this thing working soon. I've never had other problems with this console.

Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-07-22 at 5.10.56 PM.png
by mwright137 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:38 pm
Did you get the email with the support info?

My Website
by mrdarinwarren on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 pm
mwright137 wroteDid you get the email with the support info?

Yep.

But also hoping someone with the same problem can see this and perhaps let me know how it was resolved.
by mrdarinwarren on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 pm
Can someone answer me this? Since it has been assumed to be a firmware problem, what could possibly happen that could create this problem? Do I need to be concerned every time I turn on my SL?

Can someone also please confirm that THIS is the latest Firmware version?

Attachments
IMG_1333.jpg
by gadget69 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 am
Yes that is the latest... the way you can check this is to go to the release notes for the firmware that you are installing...the numbering system is a bit funky...and no there is not anything to worry about ...

If a firmware update on the mixer (even though it's a most current build the software can still become corrupt, so the first thing to do when experiencing a problem is to reflash) doesn't solve the problem, re-visit the Tech support staff about it...

regards

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by mrdarinwarren on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:22 pm
Explain "Reflash".

Sent RA request form. :)
by mrdarinwarren on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:43 pm
Ok, got RA#, unit boxed, and shipping label printed. Off it goes tomorrow. I'm rather anxious to find out whats wrong with it. Or that I'm crazy. But $200 to find out I'm crazy won't make me very happy.

I am wondering though, can the retro the Classic to be AI? Hmmmm
by mwright137 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:57 pm
No retro. Different guts.

My Website
by mrdarinwarren on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:08 pm
I have a question. My mixer has been delivered to Presonus for repair. Will I hear anything about it or will it just randomly show back up on my porch in a couple weeks?

------------
update: Well that was quick! Presonus guys must be keeping an eye on the forum :)
by mwright137 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:45 pm
Did you track the shipment? Can you PM me the ticket number? I can look into it for you...

My Website
by mrdarinwarren on Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:50 pm
mwright137 wroteDid you track the shipment? Can you PM me the ticket number? I can look into it for you...

Yep, it arrived Monday. I just received an email like 10mins after I posted the question. I got things to record!! Anxious to get it back. In the interim, I may buy a small USB unit.

Thanks, Darin
by mrdarinwarren on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:51 pm
Whew that was quick. Big box arrived this morning as I was leaving for work. :) which means I'll be tracking tonight!

24 postsPage 1 of 2
1, 2