StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys, I am in a position where i have had to dig out my old 24.4.2 desk in adition to my 24.4.2 ai. Together to give me 48 channels of mixing pleaseure :-)

Problem for me is that the old 24.4.2 i am unable to use the UC control . Does anyone have universal control to use on my Mac to be able to control this desk. I know this is an old desk but i need to get another year out of this before i can upgrade.

I have tried all the versions on the legacy download area and none work for me.

The desk is a Presonus 24.4.2 pre Ai.
Firmware version 1.0
Build195
Firewire 400

I am connectiong the desk Firewire 400 to Mac Firewire 800 with dedicated cable.

Thanks all
by wahlerstudios on Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:11 am
There is information available, so you might want to check these two sources.

1) The "everything you need to know" Knowledge Base article:

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... ow-in-2024

2) The download page of the SL 24.4.2:

https://legacy.presonus.com/products/St ... /downloads
by paulmarchant on Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:59 am
Firstly thank you to wahlerstudios for you reply.

However i am no further forward on this. I have tried all the available UC software versions that i can find and noneof them are talking to the desk. I can confirm a connection between the desk and mac as the audio cuts out for a split second on connection/disconnection.

My only thought is to somehow install a known firmware version on the desk and its corresponding UC software.

I have tried downloading the latest available version for the desk which is 1.7.6 and the manual says it will update the desk at the same time ?? From memory when i last done that was with a USB drive but i see these no longer.

Any thoughts ??

Thank you .
by wahlerstudios on Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 am
Are you trying to use UC Control/Surface 1.7.6 (Mojave) and UC Control/Surface 3.6.0 (Monterey) on the same Mac? It might be that only one version can be installed.

Firmware is not updated automatically. The "everything you need to know" article says:

I. How to update Firmware and Factory Reset: -Updating Firmware:

You will need to update the StudioLive using a connected computer running Universal Control 1.7.6. With the StudioLive connected, from Universal Control's opening window choose "Settings" > "Check Firmware"
by paulmarchant on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 am
Thank you @WahlerStudios for again replying to me on this post.

I went at it with a hammer this morning and reinstalled the Mac again and then installed the 1.7 version on the mac after. Boom ! all working :-)

I am sure this the first time but hey.

Sir , i owe you a Beer !!

Thank you again

Paul

:punk:

5 posts
Page 1 of 1