StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello and a happy new year

I have a hardware comp - The Tegeler Creme RC.
I am working with the Studio Live 16.0.2 USB.
I want the hardware comp to sit at the end of the signal chain in the Main Output.

Question:
1. with which inputs and outputs is the Tegeler connected to the console (Aux?)?
2. which settings have to be made on the console?
3. what are the IO settings in S1/V6?
Are the AUX outputs used for this and if so, how?
4. and how is the whole thing set up in Pipeline XT?

Thanks for your help in advance
by SwitchBack on Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:28 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

There's several options depending on your needs. If this is just for compressing the output to the amp/speakers you can simply connect the comp between the StudioLive's main output and the amp. If you also need the comp's output in Studio One then you may be able to use the comp's usb interface. If you want to use the comp as a hardware plug-in in Studio One (your Pipeline question suggests this) it may be via the comp's usb interface too (especially if you're on a Mac) or by using a pair of auxes and a stereo input on the mixer.

So your questions are good but it needs a little more context :)
by berniemann on Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:54 am
Hi and thank you for your reply.
I understand. Then I'll try to clarify.

I have Windows 10 and S1/V6
I want to have the compressor in the main output so i can make a clean mixdown.
Only for the speakers is of no use to me.

I tried via aux on the console. But since it is completely unclear how to set an aux path in the console under I/O, that didn't work.
Also a connection with Pipeline XT did not work.

It is unclear to me how to connect the comp to the console (cable). How to set the I/O to it in main in S1/V6.

My goal:
I want to connect the comp to the console so that it sits in the main signal path of S1/V6 and is active during a mixdown and mastering.

I hope this is a better explanation
by SwitchBack on Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:18 am
OK, with Windows you're restricted to a single audio interface, so the USB port of the comp will be of no use. And you want the comp in S1's main output rather than in the mixer's main output alone. Clear.

So then it could go like this:
- use trs-to-xlr cables to connect the comp's inputs to a pair of auxes, say 3&4
- use xlr-to-trs cables to connect the comp's outputs to a stereo mixer input, say 15/16 left and right
- on the mixer set auxes 3&4 to pre-fader, link them for stereo and set an output level
- on the mixer set channel 15/16 to usb input, set input gain to 'U' or thereabouts and 'mix' the channel in stereo to auxes 3&4.

In S1's I/O setup you'll see the 18 inputs from, and the 16 outputs to the mixer. Whatever you send to outputs 15&16 will go to the inputs of the comp, and whatever comes from inputs 15&16 will be the output from the comp. Those are the channels you'll use in Pipeline (as an insert in S1's main output).

On the mixer channel 15/16 will have the signal you send to the comp so it won't be much use in the mixer's main mix. You can send S1's main output to mixer channels 1&2 (linked for stereo). That way you can use the usb button in the monitor section to monitor S1's output too.

Hope this helps :)

PS. Check if channel 15/16 comes out in stereo on the linked auxes. If not then you'll have to use two separate mixer channels for the comp outputs.
by berniemann on Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:24 pm
Thank You, i will give it a try and give a feedback
by davidaaronhall-smith on Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:47 pm
I have this exact same situation. I'm needing to route outboard gear out and back in to Studio One. DId you find a solution

Cheerrs
David

6 posts
Page 1 of 1