StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Because my old firewire version was defect, i bought a new USB version.

I thought i made a breakthrue in the monitoring ideas to the live room.
From the cue mix in studio one, i am going back through stereo USB return on 11,12
Through the main mix of the board, i can send this que mix to B on my HP60.

This works magnificent, however...

my plan was to use the aux 1, 2, 3, 4 for mono "more me" sends for the musisians to here themselves better.

But at a certain point the volume drops of the signal, just when i need more me.
What am i doing wrong? Seems like the both signals work against eachother in the mixer or HP60.
Same issue occurs when i turn up the auxes on the board.

Maybe it has something to do with going from aux mono output to HP60 stereo input?
And so, how do i route this in a proper way?

I hoped this signal flow was independent, but i seems it struggles somewhere.

Anyone ideas?
by janwillembennink on Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:04 am
No one?
by SwitchBack on Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:53 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

Difficult one, because with these mono/stereo mix issues every detail counts. Make sure all cables are tested for proper wiring, and fully seated in the sockets. Use ts jack cables for the aux connections. Check all polarity switches on the mixer. Experiment with pre2 and post on the mixer. Experiment with the output processing on the mixer (vaguely remember that the main output limiter adds delay). That’s just a few things I can think of...
by janwillembennink on Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:51 pm
Hi Switchback,

Thank you for your reaction. Glad to tell that it worked. I think it was about not using gender changer on the wires to the controlroom. I used returns a,b,c,d on my multi cable now, and it works just great. I hoped i had a little more headroom in the aux signal to turn up over the cue mix, but this is working great now.

I never read someting about using the main studiolive out for A of B on the HP60, but it seems to work superb. With my central station remote on my desk ik can simply change the controlroom mix (trs1) to the live room mix (trs2) to listen if the mix at the musisians is good. And they simpley give themselves more me with theyr aux send external input on the HP60.

Me happy.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1