StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
A weird issue that has happened a few times to me is suddenly all channel faders reset to max (+10db). This is "slightly" annoying as Im mixing one second and then rushing to stop speakers being destroyed the next second.

Factory reset doesnt solve the problem and Its already running the 1.50a firmware. If I go into universal control, all the faders (inc subs) are maxed out, I can reset them all back to -inf, but as soon as I restart, bang they are all full again. Has been working fine via 1394 for control and audio

Any ideas? Last time this problem occurred I just left the desk on for a week (without speakers) and it magically sorted itself out, but now Im starting to wonder if its time to replace it.
by SwitchBack on Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:06 am
Hi and welcome to this forum :)

Can’t remember hearing about such a problem before, so my guess would be an hardware issue rather than a software/firmware issue. Maybe a loose connector inside or something in the power supply giving up.

PreSonus stopped repairing these first generation mixers so in all fairness replacing the mixer is the best way forward. Or you can open it yourself to see if you can find something obvious. If you do then at least double-check the seating of all connectors as that is a problem seen in those mixers quite a few times, even over time.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1