StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I just ordered a StudioLive 16.0.2 USB and I will need to be able to send a balanced stereo out to mono for my Avantone Mono Monitor for mixing. The Mono out on the mixer is controlled by the main output and I need a separate volume control for this. How is this done on this mixer?

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by StudioOneExpert on Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:00 am
The mono output of the 16.0.2 is always the sum of the L+R stereo output signals i.e. the signal from the mixer's main fader. The only way to control the relative levels is with the little trim pots on the back of the mixer.

If that's not a workable solution for you then you'll have to use one of the four Aux outputs for your monitor. When you set that Aux to post fader and its mix faders all to 0dB (unity) then the Aux mix will be the same as the main mix.
by StudioOneExpert on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:26 am
Can the output of the Aux be set to a balanced sum to mono?
by SwitchBack on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:45 am
The Aux outputs are balanced for impedance so connecting an Aux to a balanced input (using a trs-to-trs or trs-to-xlr cable) will yield a balanced connection. And you'll be using an Aux which is not linked to its neighbour so the signal will be a mono mix.
by StudioOneExpert on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:58 pm
Thank you for your help.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1