StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm trying to get Capture working on a Windows 10 computer connected to a StudioLive 24.4.2. The Capture program says "Capture can not create new sessions if the audio device is stereo!". At the bottom of the Capture window, it only offers ""Windows Audio". In device manager, I see "PreSonus&STUDIOLIVE_2442", but it says its drivers are not installed.

Anybody know where I can get a driver for this?

Thanks. -bg
by wahlerstudios on Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:44 pm
You should find what you are looking for on the download page of the SL 24.4.2

https://www.presonus.com/produkte/de/St ... /downloads
by bgordon on Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:06 pm
I see all the versions of Capture there, and I've installed the latest one. I don't see any drivers there.

Do I also need to install Universal Control in order for Capture to work?

Thanks. -bg
by wahlerstudios on Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:45 pm
Sure, UC Control v1.7.6 is the "bridge" between hardware and software. It adds the driver (and more).
by bgordon on Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:50 pm
Thanks! -bg
by scottjohnson13 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:24 pm
wahlerstudios wroteSure, UC Control v1.7.6 is the "bridge" between hardware and software. It adds the driver (and more).

And so far, it won't even run on a current MacOS. I HOPE they are working on that.
by wahlerstudios on Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:31 pm
OS X 10.14 (Mojave) was the final OS supporting Universal Control 1.7.6. The product (hardware and software) is discontinued.

May I ask why you want to use an (technologically) old mixer and a new computer / current OS? Wouldn't it make more sense to use a computer and OS fitting to the mixer? It's not uncommon to continue using fitting hardware/software combinations. Get a "running system" system together - and then never touch it... ;-)
by srenkvejborg on Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:08 am
Anyone who can share the driver ??? It is not online anymore :-(
by SwitchBack on Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:34 am
You probably need an older version of Capture. The newer versions no longer support the classic StudioLive mixers. That's why you get the "audio device is stereo" message. And Universal Control 1.7.6 contains the correct driver for your mixer. Here's a link to the product page.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1