StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I would love to use JamKazam with my StudioLive console. I have the 24 channel first gen model. When I try and connect to JamKazam the JamKazam software throws an error “an error has occurred while trying to connect to USB Device”. Then freezes up and shuts down.
If I turn off the console and download Virtual Cable I can open and connect to JamKazam. As soon as I turn on the console it errors out again freezes up and shuts down.
My thoughts are that since the program refers in the error to USB and I am using FireWire that the issue is just that. So I downloaded Virtual Cable thinking it would overlook the FireWire connection used and focus on the VC connection. But to no avail. Anyone ever had the same problem and know how to resolve it?
by philhonsinger on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am
Hello! I have the Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2ai console, which is firewired to my Windows 10 system. I get that same crash with the console on when I fireup JamKazam. Power down the Presonus console and JamKazam starts up with no problems. So... to do a workaround, when I want to use the 16.4.2 with JamKazam, I disconnect firewire and patch sub1/2 from the console to left/right computer 3.5mm audio ins at the back. I set that to the default recording device in Win10. Now, I assign my console tracks to sub1 for left and sub 2 for right with track link turned off to separate the audio channel assigns.

I use a Line6 Helix in stereo this way for guitar and a vox mic assigned to both subs for balanced mono and TADA! All the Fat Channel processing is done at the console and I am just feeding the mix as a final stereo to JamKazam.

Still working out some of the details, but the Presonus Firewire driver also does not work with Cakewalk and that prompted me to pickup Studio One Professional instead. Nice DAW... glad I made that change!

Hope this helps!

All the best,
Phil
by JohnPrice on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:56 pm
Hey Phil, Thanks for the advice. I will give that a try this weekend. SWEET!!!!
by johnoros on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:48 pm
Dang, this post is almost word for word what I was searching for and going through. And I was thinking of doing something along the sames lines. Thanks for confirming this seems to work, Please update this thread with progress.
Thanks!!!
by mahdy2 on Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:38 pm
Hi All,

just wondering if you have any update. I am using Jamkazam on my souncrraft UI24r... works fine.

But same problem with StudioLive 24.4.2
I'll try sub option with 3.5 mm to laptop.
How is the quality?
How can you hear the Jamkazam output.
But how can you hear orher jammers from Jamkazam?

Waiting for your reply.

If you can help....
I have a jamblaster but not connecting since March 2020.

Many thanks
Attabur
by maikpiontkowski on Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:57 am
I have the same problem with my Studiolive 16.0.2 first gen firewired to my win10pro pc.
Jamkazam dont open and freeze.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1