StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
This might be a ridiculous request, I suspect it is.

But I'd like to be able to route all my channels through subgroups, and then truly mute them using the subgroup mute button. Meaning, I don't want them to still be on in the aux mixes that those channels are sent to.

Possible?
by wahlerstudios on Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm
Unfortunately no. Subgroups and input channels are totally separated and there is no way to "connect" functionalities. As the SL 16.4.2 and 24.4.2 have no Mute buttons for auxes, you need to mute the input channels. That is quite easy to do. Just "wipe" across the Mute buttons. Works great, just not for stereo (linked) channels... ;-)

The AI consoles have Mute buttons for auxes and additionally there are configurable Mute Groups in UC Surface. You can combine any aux and subgroup in a Mute Group, and/or any input channel. The SL 3242AI has 8 Mute buttons "on board".

May I ask why you want to mute the input channels in the auxes? Is it not ppossible to mute the input channels?

SL16 | 32R | 16R | 3* 16M | SW5E

Apple routers | iPads | Alesis iO Docks | Yamaha S112, S15e, S10e, SM12, SM10 | LD Systems Curv 500 | Galaxy Audio Hot Spots | Mac mini | Lenovo Laptop | Studio One Artist 5.0.0 & Pro 3.5.6
by JeremyPenner on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:01 pm
Thanks for the reply. I never saw this reply, and I just did a google search to see if I could finally figure this out and came up with this thread again. :)

It is possible for us to mute the inputs, I just would like to make it quicker to mute all of our mics at the same time, as they are all grouped together on a sub, or all of our instruments, etc.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1