We are building a new house and I am converting the game room to be my music room. I guess a common thing. I will just be playing guitar / jamming 80% of the time but the other 20% would be focused on recording guitar/vocals/keys, etc
Here are my questions:
I own a SL 16.4.2 and still love it but I don't schlep the PA gear to gigs anymore! Yay! We hire it out and so now my mixer will sit at home at the new house. I want to build a recording setup at home that I can integrate the SL. I like mixing from it due to the faders.
If I buy Studio One Pro,.... Is my discontinued SL 16.4.2 going to be good enough of an interface to make quality recordings thru it into S1? I'll only track 2-3 tracks at a time at the most. I could just go the standalone interface route (i.e. Presonus FireStudio into my Mac) if that would have a drastic increase in recording quality. But I'd rather use the SL since I have it, I am good at using it and I like physically manipulating the faders and adjustments on the mixer itself.
Will using my old SL into my Mac into Capture / Studio One Pro give me good recording quality?
Thanks in advance
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests