StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
EDIT:
Selecting main as my control room/phones source seems to be pre fader so the main fader doesn't affect the control room despite affecting the outputs. I thought this suddenly happened over the last couple of days working on the same few projects but Switchback has suggested it's by design which I'll assume is correct as I'm usually monitoring off of my firewire return so not used to monitoring directly from main.

Now where did I put that user guide........? :rtfm2:

Studiolive 16.4.2
Last edited by bengandy on Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
by SwitchBack on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 am
Hi and welcome to these user forums :)

Well, what can I say. To my knowledge the main to monitor source has always been pre main fader on those mixers. And this is by hardware design so there is no way to change it.

The only two ways to have your control room speakers post main fader are:
- by connecting them to the main outputs. Did you change your cabling recently?
- by involving a computer. The mixer's main send to the computer is post fader. By selecting firewire as your control room input source you can listen to that.

NB. Just thought of a third way: wire your main output to the tape input and use that as your control room source. A bit left-field but it will work ;)
by bengandy on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:59 pm
Monitors have always been connected to the control room outs, if it's always been pre fade that's fine with me, I just thought I'd have noticed before so was convinced it had suddenly changed today! Usually I have a return track in pro tools anyway and that's routed back to the return monitor input exactly as you mention and I usually monitor off of that which must have made noticing the main being pre fade more jarring. Thanks very much
by SwitchBack on Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:53 am
No worries. Good to see that the mother of all PreSonus mixers is still going strong :)

4 posts
Page 1 of 1