StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
I've recently replaced the faders in 2 of my studio live 24.4.2 consoles.
I got individual faders from China, took out the fader groups, desoldered each one that was defective, and put in new ones. They tested brilliantly and worked well. Fixed all my issues with fader locate function as well as cutting in and out volume.

However, now one of the consoles is working perfectly, but the other one (which hasn't really been used yet until tonight) the first 8 faders are unresponsive.

This is weird for two reasons: 1) the first group of faders is 7, not 8 so it's not just the first group being connected funny and 2) the other console is perfect.

When I try to use the channels, the mute buttons work, the gain knobs work, but the fader have absolutely no control over the volume which means the audio comes through the makns, but very quietly.
Any ideas? I'm going to open it up again tomorrow to see if a cable is loose but logically it shouldn't be that seeing as I tested it and it was fine.
by coolconvertible999 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:01 pm
Haha, silly me.
I hadn't plugged in the ribbon cable that connects the faders to the rest of the console. However, it it was only the first one, so fader 8 shouldn't really have been affected.
Also, when it was unplugged, I found that fader 22 actually controlled the "locate" function for all fader 1-8. Very weird - but all fixed!

If your faders are playing up, I highly recommend buying them from aliexpress and soldering them in yourself. So cheap compared to spare parts!

2 posts
Page 1 of 1