StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, dinosaur here. I had been using my 16.0.2 with a Mac mini, Apple Airport Express, and Ipad with SL Remote to happily remote control my mixer until one day it stopped working. Something updated I think, and I was frustrated to the point of giving up on it all and running a snake for quite a while.

Then, I came upon a MacBook Air and decided to have another try. I got the expensive Genuine Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire and USB to Ethernet adapters and dug in. I managed to get Universal Control 1.7.6 installed and working with OS X High Sierra, and it seems to work well. Then, I made sure I had the latest version of SL Remote on my iPad, and logged into my 5 gig Wi-Fi network.

Everything seemed to be working well again, except for one thing. All changes made at the mixer were mirrored on the iPad, but not all changes on the ipad were mirrored on the mixer, specifically the Select buttons. In Fat Channel mode, I can select channels on the iPad and make adjustments I can hear, but nothing happens on the mixer. The board stays static on the last channel that was selected at the mixer The only time I can see adjustments made is if that channel is selected at the mixer, then all the LEDS and buttons and such respond to my iPad adjustments
After two weeks of bouncing around with Support and being asked to swap out this router and that iPad, I am finally told that this is normal and by design. But, I don't remember it behaving like that previously. Is this normal behavior for this system, and am I not recalling accurately after 1.5 years of not using the system?
by SwitchBack on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:48 pm
Been a while but yes, I believe that the mixer and the app operated independently so that app users on stage could tweak their monitor mixes where FOH could be working on something else. The new mixers can have app and mixer in sync but I don’t think the Gen.1 ever had that. :|
by sjc193 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:25 pm
Ya, that's how it always worked.

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by randallmorabito on Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:35 pm
Thanks fellas. I don't know whether to feel more foolish for spending so much time and effort trying to fix something that wasn't broken, or for remembering it wrong! :oops:

But, I am glad the system is working again. Hopefully something doesn't update itself into oblivion again.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1