StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
I normally just send four mono auxes to a small mixer that feeds my headphone amp so users have a little control over what they hear (my poor man's Furman HDS setup, LOL!). Currently it's: drums, bass, guitar or vocal, and mix/click from S1.Since everything is recorded in one room, and most of the time I'm not recording an entire band at once, the drums send really isn't needed as the drums are, of course, plenty loud.

So, I thought about sending the two-track in Firewire 25/26 return in stereo to a couple of auxes, but it only seems to be two summed signals.

Would I need to burn a couple of channels to return the stereo mix from S1 like you would with an analog mixer so I can pan the signal between the two auxes or, is there a way to pan the 25/26 return over two auxes? I like just having one knob to control the return vs a couple of faders, but I'm not married to it. Then again, I've not received any complaints about the mono mix, either. I think everyone knows it's tracking vs critical listening.

Thanks.

Bob

Studio One 3.5 Professional
StudioLive 24.4.2 “Classic”
Faderport 1
MacBook Pro mid-2012/High Sierra/16g/512g SSD
Plugin Alliance and Waves plugins
by SwitchBack on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:57 pm
You have to link two auxes for stereo. Stereo inputs like tape-in should then come through in stereo.
by lockbody on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:11 pm
Thanks SwitchBack. They're linked, but when I solo'd two tracks that alternate hard L/R, I heard both in each side of my headphones. I'll double-check everything when I get home.

Bob

Studio One 3.5 Professional
StudioLive 24.4.2 “Classic”
Faderport 1
MacBook Pro mid-2012/High Sierra/16g/512g SSD
Plugin Alliance and Waves plugins

3 posts
Page 1 of 1