StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I'm following the guidance set out in the link at bottom of this post as I organise and then transfer preset scenes from Device Memory in VSL to my 16.0.2 board.

The Presonus link gives precise and helpful instructions for the 'drag & drop' of scenes from the 'On The Disk' browser into Device Memory as per below.

To send your Presets back to the mixer, simply hit the
"Send" button on the Device Memory. Once this is done,
The Scene Memory on the mixer will populate the scenes
in the exact order in which they were stored on the Device
Memory section of VSL.

However, when I hit the "Send" button on the Device Memory, although the scenes are successfully sent to 16.0.2, they arrive in what appears to be random order spaced across the whole of the 80 memory slots.

This is NOT as described above i.e. "...populate the scenes in the exact order in which they were stored on the Device Memory"

Such random placement, interspersed with *Empty Location* slots just makes it harder to quickly find the required saved preset scene when the 16.0.2 is used live.

Am I missing something here or is this just how it works and guidance narrative is incorrect?

I can of course re-order the scenes manually on the 16.0.2, re-saving them to the required memory slots in a sequential way using the Value encoder and this the tedious workaround I am current using.

Any advice to understand what's going on to improve my workflow greatly appreciated ...

https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/a ... p-Transfer
by andrewsutton1 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:41 am
So lots of views, but no feedback yet...

Am I the only person to have experienced this issue?

But in addition to the scene order being scrambled, I also realised this weekend while at a live gig that the fx order had also been randomly sent to the board, meaning the mapping accessed via midi had also been disturbed which was a complete pain....

Still looking for clues guys... :reading:
by SwitchBack on Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:47 pm
Odd as it used to work flawlessly. I'll try to check later today.

Which version of UC/VSL/firmware are you on?
by andrewsutton1 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:19 am
Universal Control v1.7.6 + latest version of VSL and most recent 16.0.2 firmware.
by jamesmiller41 on Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:28 am
andrewsutton1 wroteUniversal Control v1.7.6 + latest version of VSL and most recent 16.0.2 firmware.

Hi there, this is going to be a longshot but this is the only thread I have found with the exact issue I am having.

Did you ever have any luck finding a fix for this problem?

Please say yes!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1