StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
My Studiolive 16.4.2 makes a lot of pops and clicks etc when connected to my PC using Firewire. Works fine for live performances but not so good when hooked up to my PC. Any ideas?
by mjross on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:43 pm
Any ideas? Somebody, anybody!
by matthewgorman on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:03 pm
We need to know more about your environment to be able to help. What type of computer, os, firewire input on the pc, firewire chipset in that connection, as much detail as you can provide.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by mjross on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:08 pm
I'm using a HP computer with built in Firewire running Windows 10. This is also a problem on my friends new Apple computer and its brand new. Don't think its the computers!
by wahlerstudios on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:20 pm
Could be the FireWire port. Did you swap the ports (use the second one)? Did you try another FireWire cable? You are using a FireWire 400 cable?
by matthewgorman on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:26 pm
I'm using a HP computer with built in Firewire running Windows 10

Firewire 400, firewire 800? Chipset for onboard firewire? Laptop, desktop?

This is also a problem on my friends new Apple computer and its brand new.

What type of connection on the mac? adapters in use?

Would love to help, but more information is needed.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by mjross on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:34 pm
I'm very sorry but i do not know some of the stuff you are asking! We tried 2 different desk top PC's. an HP from about 5 years back that had the Firewire built in. The other computer was a new Apple and my friend bought a firewire card off the web so we could try that. I do not know if it was a 400 or 800 firewire cable what ever that is. I do not know the chip sets.

Silly me, I thought that if you had a firewire connection on your computer and a firewire cable, you were good to go.
by matthewgorman on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:02 pm
mjross wroteI'm very sorry but i do not know some of the stuff you are asking! We tried 2 different desk top PC's. an HP from about 5 years back that had the Firewire built in. The other computer was a new Apple and my friend bought a firewire card off the web so we could try that. I do not know if it was a 400 or 800 firewire cable what ever that is. I do not know the chip sets.

Silly me, I thought that if you had a firewire connection on your computer and a firewire cable, you were good to go.

Thats ok, just trying to prevent un-needed back and forth. As far as the onboard firewire on the desktop, I can say with certainty that the chipset used in that is no good. Onboard FW is ok for transferring files, downloading video from a camera, things like that. Audio recording is way more demanding, as not only does the data need to transfer, it also needs to be clocked so the files stay in sync.

As far as the mac goes, if its new, it doesn't have native firewire. If it has thunderbolt connections, then an adapter is needed to convert the firwire to tb, and the wrong adapter could be in play. Also, that would require a bilingual fw 400 to 800 cable.

If you want to make this as painless as possible, there is a link below to a desktop PCIe card. Install that in the windows pc, and that should solve the connectivity problems. Make sure that your desktop has a PCIe expansion slot available.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/ ... gLuO_D_BwE

Matt

S1Pro V5
by mjross on Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:20 pm
Matthew and others,

Thanks for the info it helps me to understand a lot better. So, looks like I need to do a little homework. I appreciate your time and patience.

Mj

9 posts
Page 1 of 1