StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help I can get with this problem. Haven't used UC for almost a year. Just got another 16.4.2, plugged it up and was prompted to upgrade firmware. Clicked ok. It processed and was prompted to reboot laptop to complete upgrade. On start-up, the 16.4.2 display read "Please Wait" and hung up there. Been frozen ever since then. I uninstalled and re-installed the UC several times but mixer still says "Please wait" Tried everything I know. No lights or anything on the board except the display. They worked before the upgrade.

I have a macbook pro, OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 (mid 2010)
Installed UC v 1.7.4 Build 5773
UC "Check firmware and factory reset says"Attached hardware is up to date"
UC Icon info says 1.7.4 Build 5773
About UC says - 1.6.5773

heatmaster :reading:
by SwitchBack on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:04 pm
Key question: What was the mixer's firmware version before you tried to upgrade?
by tc10 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:36 pm
I have no idea. I just got the mixer and as I hooked it up for the first time, this happened.

by SwitchBack on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:26 pm
Well, you may have bricked the mixer. Firmware versions before 1.13 needed special care when updating from all but the latest version of UC. Best advice is to get in touch with PreSonus customer support. When your mixer remains unresponsive it will need a repair.
by tc10 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:41 pm
SwitchBack wroteWell, you may have bricked the mixer. Firmware versions before 1.13 needed special care when updating from all but the latest version of UC. Best advice is to get in touch with PreSonus customer support. When your mixer remains unresponsive it will need a repair.

I'll do that first thing Monday when they're open. Thanks.

5 posts
Page 1 of 1