StudioLive 2442, 1642 and 1602 with Universal Control Ai, SL Remote & QMix
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
StudioLive 24.4.2
Universal Control 1.6.5848
Driver Ver: 4.2.1.46437

I know how to adjust the individual aux mixes per channel in Universal control by clicking on the "Show Aux Sends" button in the interface, but is there a way to just change the overall aux volume output, as if we were using the knob on the board? Some of our songs coming off of CD can vary in volume and we use an AUX send to monitors, and it would be much easier to control the overall volume, rather than trying to tweak a tiny little bar.

We're not doing this directly at the board because for some performances in our church we're in a remote sound booth, and there are too many things to un/re plug every time, so we just use UC from afar extending our keyboard, monitor, and mouse.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:10 am
VSL (Virtual StudioLive for computer) as well as StudioLive Remote (for iPad) are missing some functions of the board. The gains, aux outs and aux ins can only be controlled by the knobs on the board, while subgroups and mains are part of remote control. That's the design of the classic boards...

The volume knobs/faders of aux sends are simply missing, but there is a better way to control the auxes than by the tiny little bars in "Overview". The tiny bars are there for a fast orientation, and you can also move the bars, but that is not the only way to do it. I am not sure any longer where to find the individual auxes: It's the the "Aux" or "Masters" button above the Subgroup and Main section. You will find bigger displays there like the ones on iPad. If you want to have a look at the manuals, this is the page for you: https://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/StudioLive-24.4.2.

If I understand you right you have extended your computer connections (keyboard, monitor, mouse) to the booth, therefore I would suggest to place your CD-player there also. You only need a small (analog) mixer with two line inputs and balanced stereo output. Get two long cables, connect the outputs to "Aux In A" (stereo input) and set the volume knob to about half of the scale. Now you can control the volume of the CDs on the "external" mixer. The "Aux Ins" are individually adjustable on all auxes and the mains. You can also add a microphone to the additional mixer for talkback purposes.

Hope this helps.

2 posts
Page 1 of 1