Page 1 of 1
Specs:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mac Mini Late 2012)
SL 24.4.2
UC 1.7.4.5848
QMix 1.4.5848
SL-Remote 1.6.5848
Various iOS devices and versions

Let me start by saying we've been using QMix and SL-Remote for almost 4 years now without any problems. It just worked and was awesome in our HOW. But this latest update to bring the apps up to 64-bit has been a nightmare. The iOS apps start fine, but our SL isn't always there to connect to. When it is there to connect to, it doesn't stay connected. Sometimes it's a minor pause with a spinning wait icon, but most of the time it kicks me back to the main connection screen. UC on the Mac seems to be pausing/hanging constantly (if I right-click the dock icon at just the right moment, it says "Application not responding").

We also run ProPresenter 5 from this computer and this morning we found out that if ProPresenter is not running that we don't seem to have these connection problems (or at least they never occurred during our morning practice). So, a knee-jerk reaction would be "it's ProPresenter", but I have to reiterate that we've been doing this for almost 4 years now with the same OS and App versions without a hitch.

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? Does anyone have any suggestions? PreSounus - is there any debugging options or logs or anything that I can do to help determine this problem? I need to get a working solution back in to the hands of our onstage talent.

Thanks!
by wahlerstudios on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 pm
From what I read in "Answers" I get the impression that UC updates can fail somehow. In some cases a complete uninstall of UC Surface and fresh install was needed, to make everything run solid again. The new UC, QMix and SL-Remote do not bring any new functions, but there seem to be conflicts between former functionalities and future options. PreSonus has updated the update (v5841 to v5848) within a few hours... You really need to check that everything on your Mac mini is updated to its version 5848.

If you don't get UC/SL Remote and ProPresenter to work together again, opening a support ticket will probably be the best thing to do.
by Monoskier on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:09 am
We are having the same connection problem but we are seeing it with any other apps open. At first I thought it had to do with another app using the internet but the connection drops with Capture also. Then I though app nap, but nope - that's turned off system wide.
I'll try a full uninstall and reinstall to see if that works but I don't have high hopes.
by Monoskier on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:23 pm
Doing a full uninstall and reinstall of UC appears to have resolved the drop out problem
by HarvestTraverse on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:19 pm
jacobtraynham wroteSpecs:
Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mac Mini Late 2012)
SL 24.4.2
UC 1.7.4.5848
QMix 1.4.5848
SL-Remote 1.6.5848
Various iOS devices and versions

Let me start by saying we've been using QMix and SL-Remote for almost 4 years now without any problems. It just worked and was awesome in our HOW. But this latest update to bring the apps up to 64-bit has been a nightmare. The iOS apps start fine, but our SL isn't always there to connect to. When it is there to connect to, it doesn't stay connected. Sometimes it's a minor pause with a spinning wait icon, but most of the time it kicks me back to the main connection screen. UC on the Mac seems to be pausing/hanging constantly (if I right-click the dock icon at just the right moment, it says "Application not responding").

We also run ProPresenter 5 from this computer and this morning we found out that if ProPresenter is not running that we don't seem to have these connection problems (or at least they never occurred during our morning practice). So, a knee-jerk reaction would be "it's ProPresenter", but I have to reiterate that we've been doing this for almost 4 years now with the same OS and App versions without a hitch.

Has anyone else had these kinds of problems? Does anyone have any suggestions? PreSounus - is there any debugging options or logs or anything that I can do to help determine this problem? I need to get a working solution back in to the hands of our onstage talent.

Thanks!

We are having this same issue. I can get everything running and then crash qmix or SLremote just by opening Propresenter 5 and selecting a playlist. I can turn off ProPresenter and everything works rock solid. We also have been using all the same software since 2012. The 32-64bit upgrade has been a bear. :/

Any luck on this?
by wahlerstudios on Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:23 am
Yes, updating to UC 1.7.5 Mac without reading the notes will cause a lot of problems. It says on the download pages

"NOTE: If you have recently updated your Mac computer to a newer OS X version and had previously installed Universal Control, you will need to perform a Manual Uninstall first before installing newer Universal Control software. Please see here for more info."

(https://www.presonus.com/support/downloads/StudioLive-24.4.2 and https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210046563-How-do-I-Uninstall-and-Reinstall-my-device-drivers-for-the-StudioLive-on-a-Mac-)

The change and its consequences has also been discussed in the Answers section of the PreSonus web site:

http://answers.presonus.com/questions/studiolive-mixers/classic-mixers
http://answers.presonus.com/questions/studiolive-mixers/sl-remote-qmix

6 posts
Page 1 of 1